wordpress 2.6 has a way of associating audio/music with a post, when uploaded in a post (just as images are). unfortunately there is no way nice, simple way of getting these associated audio files to play in an embeded player.
i’ve come up with my own solution: WP Audio Gallery Player
This plugin uses the flash XSPF player.
free for use, my first contribution to the wordpress open source community. but i gladly take donations, if you like my solution. :)
Installation and Use:
- install plugins folder “wp-audio-gallery-playist” into “wp-content/plugins/” folder
- activate plugin.
- add text “[WP AUDIO PLAYLIST]” anywhere in to your post, this will add a player with ALL the songs you’ve uploaded to your post.
- -or- simply insert track into your post from “Add Audio”
features and options:
- for full gallery mode, you can display the album artwork for each track by specifying the URI to the image in the “caption” field of the track’s details.
- change the order of the tracks by specifying a number in the “order” field of the gallery menu.
Copyright (C) 2008 David Thomas Liem
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program. If not, see .